Last updated: September 18, 2022
Certain provisions of this policy reflect concepts or requirements arising under certain United States state or federal privacy laws. We have also included other privacy-related information so that consumers can be informed of their rights and the options we provide to enable the
exercise of those rights.
The Company provides the Ridgeline website, accessible at https://www.ridgelineintl.com/ (the
“Website”) to users, and the content posted on it, for informational purposes (the “Service”). By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
Types of Data Collected
“Personal Information” means information that is linked or can be used to identify a particular individual or household, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user name, and any information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information, such as your IP address, geographic location information, or a Device
fingerprint (IP address plus browser type and version, plugins listing, operating system type and version, device type, brand, and screen resolution). “Device” means any technical equipment
that can access the Service such as a desktop computer, a cell phone, or a tablet.
If you chose to send us a message through the Contact Us form on the Website, you may voluntarily send us certain Personal Information that can be used to identify you. You may include certain Personal Information in that contact request you initiate, at your sole discretion.
“Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service, or from the Service infrastructure itself.
“Anonymized Data” is a type of information that is sanitized to remove Personal Information from data sets, so that the people whom the data describe remain anonymous (to protect the privacy of individuals).
Usage Data is collected automatically when you are using the Service.
The Usage Data we collect via our web analytics platform is collected using data processing techniques that remove or modify data that incorporates Personal Information. This process produces Anonymized Data so it cannot be linked to a particular individual. Data anonymization is used to protect the identity and privacy of individuals, while allowing the Company to gain useful
information about users’ interactions with our Website and Service. Data anonymization also ensures that we are not processing sensitive information or automatically collecting Personal Information, without consent. The data we anonymize associated with Website visitors’ activities include:
- Visitor and visit data
- Visitor IP addresses
- Visitor geo-location information (country, region, city)
- User IDs
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you use the Service or when you access the Service through a Device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
A visitor’s “config_id” is a randomly-seeded, privacy enabled, time-limited hash of a limited set of the visitor’s settings and attributes. This hash is a string calculated based on a visitor’s operating
system, browser, browser plugins, IP address, and browser language. This is not a “browser fingerprint.”
Cookies may be used when you leave our Website and visit a linked site, including our talent management and recruiting system (SmartRecruiters) or linked social media and business review sites (e.g., LinkedIn). Tracking technologies that may be used by these linked sites include beacons, cookies, tags, and scripts, which are used to collect and track your information, including
Personal Information, and to improve and analyze your experience with those sites.
The technologies such sites use include:
· Cookies. A “Cookie” is a small file placed on your Device as a result of your activities involving an Internet browsing tool. You can instruct your browser to refuse all “Browser Cookies” or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent.
· Web Beacons. Certain sites may use small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the site to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section of the site and verifying a transaction was completed).
Use of your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Information you voluntarily submit through our Website for the following purposes:
· To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
· To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication when necessary or reasonable to support your communications with the Company.
· To provide you with news and general information about other goods, services, and events which you have inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
· To manage your requests to the Company.
· For other purposes such as population level data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our Service and Website, and improvement of our Service, marketing, and your overall experiences with the Company.
We may share your Personal Information in the following situations:
· With Service Providers to contact you at your request. “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the
Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
· With other users when you share Personal Information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly accessible on the Internet. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Service, your content on the Third-Party Service site may mean that others can see your name, profile,
pictures and description of your activity that is collected on that site. “Third-Party Service” refers to any website or any social network platform through which you can share information with or interact with the Company related to the Service.
Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you, and view your profile.
· With your consent, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose with your express agreement.
Retention of your Personal Information
to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for 90 days or less, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information is processed at the Company’s operating offices and data centers in Virginia and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside
of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those related to your jurisdiction.
Territories unless there are adequate controls in place to support the security of your Usage Data and Personal Information.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a lawful court or government agency request).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
· Comply with a legal obligation
· Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
· Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
· Protect the personal safety of users of the Service, the public, and our Company’s personnel
· Protect against legal liability related to your use of the Services
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. But no method of transmission over the Internet or other method of electronic transfer or storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website responds to Do Not Track (“DNT”) requests. DNT is a concept that has been promoted by United States regulatory authorities, including the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), to support development and implementation of a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites using privacy-protective browser settings.
You can enable or disable DNT functions by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser. We have not, and do not sell personal information collected through our Website for monetary consideration or to otherwise benefit our Company.
Notice Regarding Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended to be used by children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect any Personal Information about children under the age of 16 nor knowingly allow children to use our Services, communicate with us, or use our Website. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have that information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 16, please notify us through the contact form on this site. We will take all reasonable steps to delete the child’s Personal Information as soon as possible except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law.
The Company does not have actual knowledge that it collects or sells Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.By using the Services, you represent that you are at least the age of
majority in your state, province, or country of residence.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
You understand and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Website and this policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications.