Training & Support
We are educators who earned our stripes on the street and in the field. We teach our clients how to use technology securely - so it works for them, not against them. We employ a cadre of instructors, subject matter experts, curriculum developers, and field service representatives to provide our clients with classroom instruction, practical training exercises, and on-site support. Our instructors have been in the shoes of our students and provide extensive insight into how our curriculum will be applied in the real world.
What are our clients learning in the classroom? Cybersecurity, digital signature reduction, secure communication, and situational awareness. We also provide individual follow-up consultations so every student gets hands-on assistance integrating technology into their work and life, safely and securely.
Outside the classroom, we assist in simulated exercises to provide our clients an unprecedented ‘digital mirror’ into what they look like digitally. We make their digital footprint come to life so it’s no longer an abstract concept. They learn how to use technology to their advantage - so it works for them, not against them.
Our training team members appreciate that no two days in the office are the same; they are faced with new challenges daily. They spend a lot of time with our clients and have an astute understanding of how our technology is being utilized - what is working and what needs improvement. They also collaborate with our engineering teams to make sure our systems and curriculum are relevant and responsive.
Team Member Spotlight
What did you work on yesterday?
Yesterday I was monitoring the system which is my primary job. In addition, our team has access to Linux Academy so I was exploring new concepts. I took a deeper dive into Confluence, one of our knowledge sharing platforms, to try to find where information is stored and clean it up a bit too. We always look for ways to make improvements to how we do things, which is rewarding - I enjoy further developing our craft.
How would you describe what you do at Ridgeline?
I like to think of the Network Security Operations Center as an extra set of eyes and hands that never sleeps. We’re the only team that runs 24 hours a day, every day of the year. If something goes down on one of our systems we’re either reporting that to someone, troubleshooting, or there to assist other teams as needed.
Why did you come to Ridgeline?
After leaving the military, Ridgeline seemed like a fantasy. The more I heard about the environment, the more it seemed like a good fit for me. In my interview, Julian (my boss) told me it’s the kind of place where you actually want to come to work and you’ll learn something during every single shift. It’s a tech company that’s growing and there’s also a lot of former military people here, which is really nice. It’s the best place for me to be.
Why have you stayed at Ridgeline?
Because what I was told in my interview has proven to be true - every day I’ve been here I have learned something new. I don’t see a ceiling or a point you reach where you stop growing. The employees are growing professionally just as fast as the company is growing.
What advice would you give to someone considering working at Ridgeline? Why should they do it? Why should they not?
They should do it if they have the correct attitude. People who have a hunger to learn and want to better themselves professionally would probably find Ridgeline rewarding. Working here is kind of like being a freshman in college – you can dip your hands in a lot of different things and then find your own path within the company. Similarly, people should not come here if they have a bad attitude. If you’re prone to negativity, don’t like teamwork or are someone who brings morale down this probably isn’t the place for you.
What kind of things do you enjoy outside of work?
I love to eat, try new foods, travel, and I love spending time with my family and friends. I’m a big reader, and I finished my degree in cybersecurity in 2020.
Life at Ridgeline
Our people matter. We know everyone says that - here’s how we prove it:
- Our 401k plan includes an automatic 3% employer contribution along with a 7% employer match, totaling a 10% company contribution.
- We have a self-managed PTO plan. As a company, we want to support a holistic and engaged lifestyle; we want you to enjoy life outside of work - and we want you to take care of yourself and the people you love when you need to. Burnout is bad for both you and us.
- We have flexible work schedules. You’ll be able to work with your supervisor to figure out what’s best for your situation (we all know the chaos of living in the DMV).
- We’ll give you $2500 each year to spend on a hobby or education. We want our people to be bursting with creativity and innovative ideas. That doesn’t happen in a vacuum! We want to support interesting endeavors and believe it pays off for us in the long run.
- We’ll give you $2000 each year to buy clothes. When you look good, you feel good. And we think it’s just kind of fun!
- We have a sweet office space that’s right on the Silver Line, with nitro cold brew on tap, sparkling water, legit snacks, and oodles of natural light. We like being here!
- We are well resourced and will make sure you have what you need to do your job well. Get the technology and training you need – we’re a learning organization.
- We’ll treat you like an adult and give you a voice. We want you to build this company with us. We’re figuring it out together and creating something special. We want you to speak up and help make this the kind of company you want to work for. We like it here and like each other.