We love our interns. They do substantive work and have a great time doing it. Our interns get exposed to a wide range of Ridgeline’s technological capabilities - from AI and drone operations, to world-wide enterprise networks. Interns appreciate our collaborative work environment where a diverse group of engineers brings new and exciting perspectives to old problems.
We have summer internships as well as programs that last throughout the year. Job areas include many forms of software development, network/systems engineering, mechanical engineering and materials science, business operations, customer relations, instructional and course development, and data science.
We provide training on the Ridgeline way of approaching technical work, so interns can be fully integrated into their teams and make sound technical decisions. In addition to daily duties, we encourage interns to take part in projects where they feel they are value-added. This gives interns the ability to walk or run at their own pace - picking up tasks and responsibilities as they are comfortable with the products and business process. A few of our recent interns have converted to full-time employees, and we’re very grateful they had such a positive experience that they wanted to remain part of the team.
At Ridgeline International, we recognize and appreciate the immense amount of responsibility we have to give back to our community. We’re excited to announce that one way we are doing this is through the Ridgeline International Scholarship Fund. In 2020, we will award three (3) $5,000 scholarships to students pursuing higher education in the science, technology, engineering, and math fields.
We value a number of qualities in our teammates, including grit, resilience, and agility. We want to properly recognize students who possess these attributes and take an active role in their community while contributing to the field of STEM. This scholarship fund is an extension of our internship program, in which students who are awarded a scholarship from Ridgeline may also be considered for future internship and full-time opportunities. Both graduating high school seniors and current undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
The application process has closed for 2020. The next application window will open in Spring 2021.
Life at Ridgeline
Our people matter. We know everyone says that - here’s how we prove it:
- We’ll contribute 20% of your base salary to your 401k, regardless of whether or not you contribute anything at all. This is our way of saying, “Thanks for taking a chance on us and helping us build this company.”
- We have a self-managed PTO plan. As a company, we want to support a holistic and engaged lifestyle; we want you to enjoy life outside of work - and we want you to take care of yourself and the people you love when you need to. Burnout is bad for both you and us.
- We have flexible work schedules. You’ll be able to work with your supervisor to figure out what’s best for your situation (we all know the chaos of living in the DMV).
- We’ll give you $2500 each year to buy clothes. When you look good, you feel good. And we think it’s just kind of fun!
- We’ll give you $2000 each year to spend on a hobby. We want our people to be bursting with creativity and innovative ideas. That doesn’t happen in a vacuum! We want to support interesting endeavors and believe it pays off for us in the long run.
- We have a sweet office space that’s right on the Silver Line, with nitro cold brew on tap, sparkling water, legit snacks, and oodles of natural light. We like being here!
- We are well resourced and will make sure you have what you need to do your job well. Get the technology and training you need – we’re a learning organization.
- We’ll treat you like an adult and give you a voice. We want you to build this company with us. We’re figuring it out together and creating something special. We want you to speak up and help make this the kind of company you want to work for. We like it here and like each other.