Last updated: November 03, 2020
Certain provisions of this policy reflect concepts or requirements arising under certain United States state or federal privacy laws. We have also included other privacy-related information so that consumers can be informed of their rights and the options we provide to enable the exercise of those rights.
The Company provides the Ridgeline website, accessible at https://www.ridgelineintl.com/ (the “Website”) to users, and the content posted on it, for informational purposes (the “Service”). By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
Collecting and Using your Personal Information
Types of Data Collected
“Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify a particular individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user name, and any information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information, such as your IP address, geographic location information, or a Device fingerprint (IP address plus browser type and version, plugins listing, operating system type and version, device type, brand, and screen resolution). “Device” means any technical equipment that can access the Service such as a desktop computer, a cell phone, or a tablet.
If you chose to send us a message through the Contact Us form on the Website, you may voluntarily send us certain Personal Information that can be used to identify you. Such Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- your name, email address, and phone number
- Cookies or Browser Cookies. A “Cookie” is a small file placed on your Device as a result of your activities involving an Internet browsing tool. You can instruct your browser to refuse all “Browser Cookies” or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent.
- Flash Cookies. Certain sites may use local stored objects (or “Flash Cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activities. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. Certain sites may use small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the site to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section of the site and verifying system and server integrity).
“Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself.
Usage Data is collected automatically when you are using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), referring sites and exiting sites, browser type and version, browser plugins, operating system type and version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, device identifiers (type, brand, and screen resolution), and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile Device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, unique IDs, the mobile Device’s IP address, operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you use the Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile Device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Use of your Personal Data
The Company may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications when necessary or reasonable to support your communications with the Company.
- To provide you with news and general information about other goods, services, and events which you have inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests to the Company.
- For other purposes such as population level data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our Service and Website, and improvement of our Service, marketing, and your overall experiences with the Company.
We may share your Personal Information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, and to contact you at your request. “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- With other users when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly accessible on the Internet. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Service, your content on the Third-Party Service site may mean that others can see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity that is collected on that site. “Third-Party Service” refers to any website or any social network platform through which you can share information with or interact with the Company related to the Service. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you, and view your profile.
- With your consent, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose with your express agreement.
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability related to your use of the Services
Retention of your Personal Information
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for 180 days or less, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Information
Your Personal Information is processed at the Company's operating offices and data centers in Virginia and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those related to your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a lawful court or government agency request).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
"Do Not Track" and “Do Not Sell” Preferences
Our Website responds to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals as required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA). DNT is a concept that has been promoted by United States regulatory authorities, including the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), to support development and implementation of a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
You can enable or disable DNT functions by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser. For more information, visit https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
We do not sell personal information collected through our Website for monetary consideration. Under Nevada law, you may opt-out of future sales of your Personal Information collected through our Website for monetary consideration. If you want to opt-out of any potential future sales, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org using “Opt-Out of Future Sale of Personal Information” in the subject line and body of your message.
Other Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about any activities we undertake that involve sharing their Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
We do not currently share Personal Information collected through our Website and use of the Services with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, if you would like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact the Company using the contact information provided below.
Notice Regarding Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended to be used by children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect any Personal Information about children under the age of 16 nor knowingly allow children to use our Services, communicate with us, or use our Website. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have that information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 16, please notify us by sending an email to email@example.com. We will take all reasonable steps to delete the child’s Personal Information as soon as possible except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required by law.
The Company does not have actual knowledge that it collects or sells Personal Information of minors under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
You understand and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Website and this policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications.